1/150 80887 Heller Pamir
Plastic Model Kit, Box Condition: VG++
Very large and highly detailed kit. Measures 75 cm in length and 40 cm high. 738 parts. Has billowing vac sails and full rigging supplies and instructions. Inside, the kit is exactly as it left the factory. Never started. The parts are still in the factory sealed bags and includes decals and instructions. Sails are in 'excellent+' condition. The Pamir was bulit in 1905 at Blohm & Voss shipyards to become the 51st ship in the fleet of R.F. Laeisz of Hamberg ("The Flying P Line" was a reference to the starting letter of most of the ships names and the numerous records that they held). She was a four masted barque of 4425 tons with a crew of 33. She saw extensive trade service between the wars and served in both World Wars. After WWI she was given away as compensation; however her original owner bought her back in the 1920s. Before WWI she was sold to a Finnish cereal shipping fleet. Her beauty saved her from torpedoes from a Japanese Submarine - the Commander simply could not sink so wonderful a ship. In her 40th year of existence, the Pamir was bought with the Passat by a Dutch demolition crew. Yet at the last moment the West German merchant marine bought both ships to train cadets in the 1950s. During one such training trip, the Pamir was lost under mysterious circumstances in an Atlantic storm in 1957.